For those interested in mastering out of a course through Credit Flex, please consider the following:
- The test must be taken at one of our regional offices. It cannot be taken at home.
- You can only take one test on a given day.
- The 1⁄2 credit test is about 2.5 hours of work. It is designed to represent a 1⁄2 credit of work – so it shouldn’t be quick and easy!
- It’s free! You just have to complete the application, be approved, drive to the regional office, and then take the test.
- Once you complete the test, a TRECA teacher will grade it within a week of your test date.
- You must earn an 80% on the test in order to pass it. The test cannot be returned to you, but you will be notified of the results once it has been graded.
- If you do not pass the test, you cannot take it again. You would have to complete the coursework to earn your credit for the course you tried to test out of.
- Testing may not occur every day of the week, so you will want to have a few dates in mind.